On 1 December 2012 our regulating authority (ZACR) introduced Domain Redemption to follow the international standard of the Internatioanl registraars.
What is Domain Redemption ?
It is important to renew your domain before it expires. Closed Redemption is a state that a domain enters once it has expired and gone through the Deletion Phase.
The process is as follows:
1. The domain will expire.
2. The domain will go through the Pending Suspension and Pending Deletion Phases. (Co.za - PS - 5 days : PD - 5 Days)
3. After the Pending Deletion phase is over, the domain enters the Closed Redemption Phase. (Co.za - 20 Days) *
4. In the Closed Redemption Phase a domain can be reinstated at the cost of the Closed Redemption Fee:
- R 299.00 for .ZA Domains
- R 685.00 for .Joburg .Capetown and .Durban
- R 5,000 (thousand) for International TLDs and GTLDs, like .com .net .org .directory .farm et cetera
* How long a domain name stays in Closed Redemption depends on the Registry. For .ZA Domains the Total Redemption Period is 30 days, for TLDs like .COM it can range from 45 - 90 days, depending on the international registraar used.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
The registration of a new co.za, .com, .net or .org, .biz, and .info domain name typically...
To transfer a domain you can do the following : Go to http://www.Hostworx.co.za/, goto...
To Renew or Cancel or Unlock or Request an EPP Code for domains, please do the following...
Currently they are : ns03.HostworX.co.za - 188.8.131.52 ns04.HostworX.co.za - 184.108.40.206
Transferring Domain Names to Another Registrar The process for transferring a domain name...