1. Enter your Joomla dashboard.
2. Click on "Site", "Global configuration".
3. Choose the server "Server" tab and find the "Mail settings" section:
4. Fill the fields with the following information:
- Mailer: SMTP Server
- Mail from: your email account (the one from which you want to send emails)
- From Name: your name or company name
- Sendmail Path: /usr/bin/sendmail
- SMTP Authentication: select Yes if you want to send it authenticated, No if you don't
- SMTP Security: select the type of security (SSL or none)
- SMTP Port: 25
- SMTP Username: your email address on the server's domain
- SMTP Password: your password
- SMTP Host: your SMTP hostname. smtp.yourowndomain.co.za
That's it, you're done.