Transferring Domain Names to Another Registrar
The process for transferring a domain name registered with HostworX to another registrar is not hard, but it does take time. You'll complete some steps with HostworX and some steps with the new registrar. The total process can take up to 5 - 10 days to complete.
You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events on all domains, except .co.za domains :
- Registering or transferring a domain name
- Updating the registrant contact's organization / details
- Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
Note : You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 30-day period after changing your domain from one HostworX account to another via the Account Change Process.
For more information, see ICANN's Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy
To Transfer Domain Names to Another Registrar
Complete the following steps with GoDaddy
- Verify contact information: Verify that the administrator's contact information for the domain is correct (or registrant's email for .au domains). All emails regarding the transfer will go to the administrator's email (or registrant's email for .au domains).
- Unlock your domain > Login to your account > select the domain > and unclick the domain lock tickbox
Complete the following steps with your new registrar
- Get an authorization code: Check with your new registrar to see if you need an authorization code (EPP code if you do > login to the client area on our website > select the domain from the domains list > user the request epp key option to get the epp key emailed to you.)
Many country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs) don't require an authorization code. However, there are a few exceptions where you'll need to contact support to get an authorization code.
For .uk domain transfers, please contact customer support and have the IPS tag of the new registrar (get this from your new registrar) ready when you call.
- Initiate the transfer: At the new registrar, initiate the transfer and provide the authorization code, if needed. This is different for each registrar, so you may need to consult the other registrar's help or support for specific instructions.
- Notify HostworX of the impending transfer request, and instruct us to accept the transfer, if HostworX is not instructed to accept the transfer the request can fail.
Check the domain's administator's email
- Accept or deny the transfer: HostworX will email you instructions to complete the transfer. If you do not accept or deny the transfer request within five days the transfer will have to be re-requated.
- Receive confirmation: HostworX will email you confirmation when the transfer is complete.