- Click on "My Computer" (XP) or Just Computer (Vista/Win7/Win8) on your desktop or via the start menu (bottom left of screen)
- In the address bar at the top where it has "My Computer" or "Computer" type in the ftp address of your domain.
- If your domains name was "domain.co.za" your ftp address would be ftp://ftp.domain.co.za
- A username and password box should pop up.
- Enter your Username & Password for the FTP user that you created in SolidCp under FTP accounts
- You should now be presented with the selected folder of the domain. Please note the file structure on the server, the website runs from the wwwroot folder, located in the domain folder which is the domain name itself.
To Change/Create the ftp usernames or passwords please do the following
login to the hosting control panel located at "http://cp.yourowndomainname"
- Click on ftp accounts icon
- From here you can add/delete/edit ftp accounts for your account.
- To add a FTP user, click "Create FTP Account"
- Enter the account name and password, select the folder where this ftp account will open, this is normally \thedomainname\wwwroot you can use the dropdown to select the folder, and then assign if the account has read and write permissions to this folder. NOTE: The website runs from the wwwroot folder only.
- click Update/Save to make the changes/user active.