You need to install Sql Server Management Studio Edition Version 17 from microsoft's site, once this is installed please follow the below options to configure SSMS to use port 1435/1437. We block port 1433 due to automated scripts that try hack mssql servers, a remote user needs to use the alternat ports we have setup by using an alias server name with the correct port.
1) Click Start > All Programs > Sql Server vNEXT CTP2.0 (If this does not exist please see the article SSMS 17 and Windows 10 issues)
2) Click on configuration tools > Open the Sql Server vNEXT CTP2.0 Configuration manager
3) Click on sql native client 11.0 configuration (depending on your operating system select the 32bit or 64bit configuration option)
4) Right click on aliases and select add new alias.
5) Give it a name ie hostworxsql
6) Change the port to 1435 or 1437
7) Protocol must be "tcpip"
8) Server is "mssql.yourdomainsname" Replace yourdomainname, with your own domains name.
9) Click ok
Then open up SSMS17 and in the server name field use the alias name you created above "HostworXMsSql" for the server name, and enter the db username and password that you setup in the control panel.